Company History

  • 1950
    Robert Koniakowsky and Kurt Kuehr established Pharma-Glas KG Herstellung von Glaswaren aller Art, with Salzburg as the company's registered domicile. Its product portfolio included vials, ampoules, laboratory equipment, fluorescent tubes, etc.
  • 1965
    The Laboratory Equipment and Fluorescent Tube segments were discontinued and the company focused solely on vials and ampoules
  • 1984
    Christian Fischer started his training as production manager at the beginning of this year.
  • 1986
    After business school, Ursula Koniakowsky joined the company in order to assist the senior management as the future financial manager.
  • 1987
    Ingrid Koniakowsky, Robert Koniakowsky`s firstborn daughter, joined the company.
  • 1988
    The production of vials was discontinued, and that of ampoules was expanded (4 additional production lines). The standardized production of low-alkali ampoules whose production method, tests and test records can be tracked back until 1986 has led to the company's rise to become the successful manufacturer of primary packaging in its current form.
  • 1996
    Award of ISO 9001 certification.
  • 1999
    DMF for U.S. regulatory authority (FDA).
  • 2001
    Kurt Kuehr passed away at the age of 76.
  • 2002
    Ursula and Ingrid Koniakowsky were appointed legitimate managing directors.
  • 2005
    Robert Koniakowsky passed away.
    The company remained in the ownership of the descendants, the Koniakowsky and Kuehr families.
  • 2007
    Extensive renovation and rebuilding measures prepared the ground for a GMP-compliant ampoule production.
  • 2010
    Quality-enhancing automation workflows were implemented.
  • 2013
    Environmental certificate to ISO 14001 obtained.
  • 2014
    PHARMA-GLAS will continue to grow together with the ever-increasing quality demands of its customers.

"There is nothing so stable as change" (Bob Dylan)